FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Five Continents in 3 Days and Some Other Mad Trips in 2012
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:00 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Adelaide to Sydney (ADL-SYD) on Qantas A330-200 in business class

The next day I was back at the airport, checking in for my two flights. This time I'd opted for "late" and so did not have much time in the nice lounge before trekking to the gate near the opposite end of the terminal, via immigration of course. Immigration is quick - again most passengers at this time of day have "D" stickers, although there are a few through passengers from Singapore because the lounge is in the domestic part of the terminal. Strictly the whole terminal is domestic with certain gates being blocked off for international flights when needed, however with more and more airlines (other than Qantas) offering international flights out of Adelaide this can be much of the day. Eligible through passengers have the choice of clearing security and remaining in the international blocked off part of the terminal or going through immigration twice and security in order to use the lounge. It was much easier on my previous international transit in Adelaide on Star Alliance, because the Singapore Airlines lounge is below the gates used for international flights and does not require clearing immigration for a transit passenger to use.

Anyway, the flight is only half full and things are much the same as the flight over, except the meal service is breakfast instead of lunch.