FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Five Continents in 3 Days and Some Other Mad Trips in 2012
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:19 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sydney transit

Since we'd arrived in the non-Oneworld pier transfer security was not too busy, although a group of, I presume United flyers continuing on to Melbourne, were slowing things down by needlessly removing their belts and boots. We don't do that in this part of the world unless they contain excessive amounts of metal.

Anyway, it didn't take long to get through and walk across to the Oneworld part of the terminal and up to the Qantas lounge. I was welcomed back by the lounge bouncer and waved on up even before I could pull my boarding pass out for inspection. I guess I've been at this lounge a few dozen or more times - not as many visits as various lounges in my home country or the T2 and T3 Singapore Airlines first class lounges at Singapore.

Upstairs my boarding pass was scanned and I was again welcomed back. "We don't need to show you anything?" to which I agreed. Normally at this point I'd be connecting to or from a longhaul flight and would head for the showers. No need today so instead I grabbed a desk to finish up some work before going to the dining room for breakfast. I find the service in this lounge is dependent on your departure flight - slow if your flight is a long time before boarding and fast if it is near. This frustrates me if I want a quick bite before doing some work, so I arrive in the dining area with about 15 minutes before boarding to force the pace a bit.

Today's bubbles on offer are Bollinger, Delamotte, Taittinger and Veuve.