FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How was your domestic flight today in the 'storm'?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:11 am
Final 3 Greens
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, Gulf Air Silver, Aegean Gold, M&M FQTV, Air Malta Diamond
Originally Posted by Justonemore
I tend to fly a similar amount to the OP (mainly within the US) and for some reason I find with every year that passes I become less comfortable in flight whenever there is turbulence.

The strange thing is I know there is no correlation between turbulence and 'bad things happening' but it really makes me uncomfortable - strangely enough even more so over oceans. It has actually put me off the LCY service as have heard that it can get a bit bumpier.

Anyone have this strange paradox of loving the concept of flying, doing so regularly but on bumpy flights feeling uncomfortable (more so that those who rarely fly)? Not sure what i'd do without the pre-flight bubbles!
I took my first flight in 1976 and my first business flight in 1978. after about 10 years, I had a really nervous patch for a few years, after about 2-300 flights, it was completely irrational and lasted for several years, although it eased off and became only midly discomforting for a long time.

From about 2005 onwards, I've been completely fine again, now well into 4 figures of flights.

Hope yours is a spell and you get through it more quickly than me,