FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelling from Germany to Sweden without passport.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:42 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
At German airports normally there are no document checks. AFAIR neither in Sweden. If there is, it's the airline and a driver's licence may suffice (I don't know much about the residence permit - if yours look like this, it might do the job, too)

I would do the trip without thoughts, but I'm "at home" within the EU, so my threshold can be lower than foreigners'

Why not make also a photocopy of your passports data page?
Even for NPU country residents of only non-EU/non-EEA citizenship doing intra-NPU international travel, airline reps and non-fixed station national authorities in immigration or customs control positions turn people out sometimes despite having the residence ID card issued by one of the NPU countries. It's really a situation of YMMV for non-EU/non-EEA citizens. Most often it works out fine when within the Schengen Zone. A photocopy of a passport doesn't necessarily change a thing for such travel, and it may help (but not generally with the airlines) but it may hurt (with airline reps or national authorities who may consider it suspect). I keep photocopies of my passport biodata page and it has worked sometimes when not flying.

Last edited by GUWonder; Feb 14, 2014 at 5:50 am