FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Cologne (Köln) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:55 am
Football Fan

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by FD1971
But maybe you can elaborate a bit further why you consider the good folks in Cologne to be rude.
Hello TAZO.

A front desk person insulted me in front of other guests, at check-in, more clumsily than maliciously. I am not going to go into details of the incident, but no matter what the discussion was about, a guest should not be severely insulted in front of other guests.

I left the hotel and addressed the issue via mail with the GM. The GM responded days later "that the words must have just come out wrong", no apology was offered, although the incident was undisputed. The tone of the GM's mail was actually not polite at all. I have been a frequent guest at that hotel and at German Hyatts in general, 10 years Diamond, mainly requalifying through stays in German Hyatts.

A GM who reacts like that, I repeat, is the actual problem, not the front desk person. As long as Mr. Saunders is the GM of the hotel, I will not stay there again.