FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelling from Germany to Sweden without passport.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:58 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Jyotika
Hi,

I am an non-EU national with a residence permit of Germany.
I have to apply for a visa to UK for which I will travel to Berlin next week.
But after that I need to travel to Sweden for a few weeks.

Can I fly to sweden from germany with just a residence permit and no passport ? (since that would be under the visa processing )

If it helps I am taking the air-berlin airlines.

Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jyotika
As a matter of practice, as a non-EU/non-EEA citizen, I've flown between Germany and Sweden (or Denmark when heading to southern Sweden) multiple times on non-stop flights to/from TXL where my (US) passport was not checked by anyone. When there is a check, they'd want to see your passport.

With carry-on only, self check-in, the chances of your passport being checked by the airline or anyone else drops tremendously -- and in my dozens of flights between TXL to ARN/CPH in recent months, zero passport checks as a carry-on bags passenger who did self-check-in and did print my own boarding pass or used the Air Berlin mobile phone app.

My European residence allowances/cards haven't generally been sufficient for flying purposes when someone has wanted to check the travel documentation requirements and asked me for a passport. YMMV.