FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:30 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Petrus
Wow wow wow! What just happened here.
The wines are nothing short of spectacular in Galleries First as we speak. Out of the 5 reds, 4 are classified Bordeaux Growths! One is weak (a 2007) but the rest is some serious wine. In Heaven.

There is also a Grand Cru Chablis on offer, rather tasty. And I happen to have another 4 hours before my flight. Game over Good thing family is asleep when I get home.

The 05 Figeac is winning so far, and the 2002 Medoc in second place

This has now lifted my spirits considerably after having had a ghastly person on board my CE flight from WAW.
Well, as an unconditional Bordeaux fan (that's where I did my undergraduate studies after all so built up both a bit of knowledge and a bit of a cellar that has followed me since! ) I can only approve!

I'm surprised the Chateau Lagrange hasn't made it on your top list! I can only assume it was an unlucky bottle as it should have been quite spectacular!

BTW, at LGW, apart from the sweet wines that I mentioned which were both excellent, they also had a great Pauillac and the beautiful Meursault, so indeed, it seems like a good day for the London GFs!!