FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CUN / Cancun International Airport master thread - what you need to know
Old Feb 13, 2014, 8:34 am
jjmiller69

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Elite status and/or F tickets are no guarantee of anything.

Again horrible lines this year on Friday after NYE, I can't imagine how it must have been last weekend with all the East Coast storm cancellations.

We waited >1 hour in the UA Premier/F line, my inlaws were in the general line for approx. 1.5 hours. If you are checking baggage there is no way to avoid the line.

Compare to 3 years ago when we waited 1 hour in the US F line.

CUN checkin is basically dysfunctional to the max, severely understaffed.

Also note that the prices are outrageous even by airport standards. $10 for a small bag of pretzels. $11 for a slice of pizza and a coke. Worse than any airport I've seen in the USA. It actually makes the airplane food look good (and cheap).
Just got back from CUN. Traveling with another couple with no status both on Delta.
It took us about 2-3 minutes in the F line. Our friends were in the snail line and took 45 minutes. We arrived at the airport at noon and it was busy.
Price on food was high but similar to US airports minus the McDonalds and Burgerkings. Overall nothing was cheap in Mexico compared to US. In fact our MLT agent at the Hotel said when it comes accross the border prices double. I don't think it was that bad but we didn't buy any suveniors, will take Granchildren shopping Friday here for presents.
South and East Coast were having another round going through but had direct flights to DTW.