FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stuck in the hotel elevator
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:56 am
puchalskir

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by jjj0002
I was traveling in Europe and stayed in a Sheraton hotel with two friends about three weeks ago. We had some drinks in the hotel lounge and close to mid night, when we took the elevator to go to our rooms, the elevator was broken and stopped in the middle. We called security and explained the situation. They sent some technician and managed to save us out about 40 minutes later.
Then next morning when I checked out, the front desk asked me how the stay was, I told her that everything was fine except that my friends and I got stuck in elevator the night before for 40 minutes. She said that was horrible, and "I will report to the manager we will do something for you". I asked what they will do, and she replied "we will compensate you with some points". I thanked her and gave her my SPG number and the room numbers of my friends.
Now, 3 weeks past, and I didn't see anything in my account and neither did my friends.

Shall I contact the hotel about this? Shall I directly ask the hotel for some compensation? I appreciate your comments and suggestions.
Is this a Sheraton in Sochi?