FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Korean award: Skymiles available, nothing with Flying Blue!?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:14 pm
AF 001

Programs: FB Platinum LT, HK Airlines whatever, Skywards Ex-Gold :-)
Booking FB award with Korean Air

Can confirm the below, KE awards not available via the webpage, in the call center, they have to use a different system / application, not many of the agents are aware. Usually they tell me no availability, then I explain them, that they have to use another system / application to get the availability of award seats from KE. If the agents does argue I hang up and call again, in the normal case I always get put on hold for around five minutes, in 85 % of my calls I got the award seats for the desired flights confirmed. Hope this helps. Do not forget to ask for waiving the ticketing fee, there is no other way than booking via the call center, so they will wave that usually.

Hope this helps...

Originally Posted by gnargel
Thank you all for the replies. Called Flying Blue three times (twice in the US and once in the Netherlands). Was told three times that if their system shows no availability, there is no availability. No exceptions. Mentioned the long sells, same response.

Was ready to give up, but sent Flying Blue an email. Received a call from Flying Blue within five minutes (wow!). Was informed that in order to see Korean availability, the Flying Blue employees need to search in a special and apparently quite secret way (not sure what way). And indeed there was lots of availability....