FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:35 am
maddie5218

Originally Posted by kwbtraveler
Update: Mrs Traveler called back yesterday. She really tried to get them to reconsider her application; even suggesting that they move some credit around. The CSR said, "Sorry Mrs Traveler but you have had an application with Citi for another card in mid December; and you must wait 60 days between applications".

Now I thought the rule for Citi was no two (2) applications can be submitted within a 60 day (65 day to be safe) period. She applied for Citi HH Card on Nov 27 (approved) and Citi AA Card on Dec 18 (approved).

Has Citi recently changed its policy or was the CSR simply mistaken?
this just happened to me. I called 3 times before I was approved. Just keep calling. I had applied for the premier card on January 1st and was approved. After receiving my card in the mail, I received a letter saying my app for the same card was denied. Thought it was weird, didn't think anything of it. Called to see if I could get this card approved and they told me I had too many apps. After continuing to call, they finally approved me.

My advice would be to keep calling! The second person who called me told me that an app on January 1st and now was too frequent, but they just didn't know what they were talking about.