FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:36 am
healthnut

Originally Posted by kwbtraveler
So is it one (1) application in a 60 day period or two (2)?

I though it was one (1) application in 90 day period for the Citi Business cards; and two (2) within a 60 day period for the Citi Consumer cards. This comes from the FlyerTalk Citi AA Wiki at:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...first-102.html

2. What are the most current time-restriction rules in applying for all Citi cards?
•Only 1 Citi application of any kind per week (8 days to be safe).
•No more than 2 Citi applications of any kind in 60 days (65 days to be safe).
•No more than 1 Citi business application in 90 days (95 to be safe). This does not override the rules above.

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible. Note: In applying the rules above, count all Citi applications, including denials and/or applications for non-AA cards.

Mixed type Example:
Day 1 50K HHonors Visa
Day 9 or later 50K Personal Platinum Visa
Day 66 or later 50K Business #1
Day 74 or later 15K ThankYou Preferred
Day 161 or later 50K Business #2
I don't know your past app history, but for the purpose of this, I'll just begin with the two apps you gave (not taking into consideration that there were prior Citi apps before the HHonors).

Day 1 would be starting Nov. 27th with the HHonors card.
You would then have been able to apply to the AA card December 5th.
Due to the fact that you didn't, that AA card that you applied for in December counts as that second app that must be down after eight days, so you restarted the cycle by doing it later.

Hard to explain, but you must wait ~65 days from the December app now. Then the cycle will start all over again.