FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated]: Luggage Tracking Solutions (was: Trakdot to help you track your...)
Old Feb 11, 2014, 4:02 pm
PaperQueen

Programs: DL Plat, DL SkyClub, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, National Emerald Exec
Yet another update...mind blowing though it is

As a follow up to my earlier post, when I asked Globatrac to replace my replacement units with new ones (read: not someone else's open box returns), they did. And what they sent is even worse -- two faulty units that will not even power on.

I tried the enclosed batteries. Dead units.

I tried brand new, fresh-out-of-the-package batteries of my own. Dead units.

I followed the instructions in the box, telling you to register your units before powering up, aware it would have no impact on their ability to turn on, but at this point, I'm crossing all the Ts.

During the registration process, I was asked to pay for the first year of service and an activation fee again, in spite of the fact my original units were only in my possession for 2 1/2 months of the original paid year (leaving 9 1/2 months of remaining). My other original unit had yet to be activated, meaning its entire first paid year was still untapped.

I quit.

Just emailed the customer service person -and- Harry Steck, president of the company, asking for a full refund. It blows my mind a company can operate this way...especially when they continue to sell a product that's been found defective by so many early adopters.

Last edited by PaperQueen; Feb 14, 2014 at 12:47 pm