FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diners Club US: Is there any reason to stay?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Sayeed
How come no one mentioned the airport lounge access perk as a reason to stay?
The Diners Club lounge network is much smaller than Priority Pass. In particular, there only about a dozen locations in the USA.

Originally Posted by beep88
In recent years, access to lounges using a North American DC card is iffy. Card is rejected when attendant put it through the machine.
I don't recall any reports of this happening since Discover took control of Diners Club International. I think that some lounges had terminal which were hardcoded to recognize only 3X acount numbers and rejected the MasterCard versions which begin with 5X, but Discover's integration of DCI into their network would have required broad re-programming.

Originally Posted by kebosabi
...not many reasons to stick with DC other than ...
MasterCard acceptance is actually one of the best features of the card. Overall, I find the rewards program better than Chase Ultimate Rewards. Diners transfers to every partner that Chase offers except United Airlines, some at the same 1:1 rate, some at an inferior rate, and some at a superior rate, plus they have many additional partners and they offer regular transfer bonuses, which Chase has never done. If I lived in a UA hub I expect I would have a different opinion, but in Miami UA is a trivial factor.