FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Are Your Top Hotel Pet Peeves? The 2014 Frequent Business Traveler Survey
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:28 am
lalismom

Programs: SPG
Let me count the ways.....

So someone thinks 6:30 is late for breakfast to start? I think it ENDS too early, especially when I am on vacation!

Being uninformed, in advance, of maintenance issues taking place, which includes having to turn my room into a dark cave by keeping the drapes closed for privacy because the windows are being washed. Yes, I get they have to be done, sometime, but if the timing is regrettably when I am on vacation and just want to enjoy the sunlight coming in my room and peace and quiet that should be my right.

NOISE from bedbanging at 2AM and those who create it.

Outrageous parking fees.

Grossly inflated room service charges and menus.

Operating dining rooms in such a way that people do not have less expensive choices in the evening. Or serving only $20+ breakfast(!!!) buffets.

Menus that are on screen only, coupled with not even a notice in the room that the menu IS on screen (and then they wonder why no one orders it?)

The departure of hotel guest stationery for we romantics who want to send a snail mail postcard or note with a real postmark from where we are.

Not being pet friendly, in particular, those that are, and then change. And no it wasn't due to me and my pup...we are very responsible.

And, increasingly Number 1 pet peeve: LONNNNNGGGGGG check in times. Inexcusable. You know how many checkins are anticipated get more people on the desk. Just needing to make a change/ask a question requires wasting MY vacation time in line. At least switch to 24 hour check in times/departure times, or give me back the time I've spent in line.