FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BLR hotel near airport? [merged]
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2014, 8:11 pm
travelmad478

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by NickW
Why would anyone build a high-end hotel at the airport? There's no hub-and-spoke system like the US, not many overnight connections required. You wouldn't want to stay at the airport if you had business in the city: your commute time would be dreadful (well, less so now the flyovers are complete, but that's only in the past month or so).
Why? Because there are plenty of travelers who don't feel like taking the very long schlep into town when all they are doing is flying in and out of the airport. I'm flying into BLR at 10:20 PM, taking a short-hop flight early the next morning and returning that night, and flying out again at 8 AM on day 2. I am not visiting the city of Bangalore at all, but I need to be at the airport because that's the jumping-off point to get to somewhere else.

Alternately, if one has a super-early departure or super-late arrival (in other words, if one is traveling in India at all!), staying close to the airport is a big plus.

Additionally, if you read this forum for just a few days you should realize that plenty of overnight connections in India are, indeed, required.

I doubt I am the only person to be interested in this sort of thing.