FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to *A Awards Without Incurring Additional Miles after 3-Feb-2014
Old Feb 10, 2014, 7:27 pm
jbsay

Programs: AA PLT, Honors Diamond, Global Entry
Just called premier desk merely to change NRT-BKK from TG I to TG O on a South Asia F award booked months ago with all other segments in F. She asked for 30k miles. I asked her to check with supervisor. No dice. Yes, I realize this change is technically disallowed under the new rules, but others have apparently made the change without trouble so I'm quite frustrated by the obstinance. Time to try again....

EDIT: According to agent #2, agent #1 made a note in my PNR that additional mileage was required. Agent #2 agreed Agent #1 was wrong - I smiled - but then, he politely transferred me to the RTW desk. GRRRRRRR..

I called again about a separate PNR for my fried to make the very same change (TG I to TG O BKK-NRT on a US-South Asia F award). The agent, after consulting a supervisor, asked for 20,000 miles and claimed that the 140,000 mile rate is only enough for business class to North Asia (which decidedly does not include BKK). This is just ridiculous - if I can't make the change, so be it, but the variable mileage amounts and PNR notes are simply unacceptable.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but after five HUACAs, I encountered a wonderful agent who happily rebooked my friend from I to O. I then used the same wonderful agent to rebook me from I to O, which she was able to do notwithstanding the PNR note. Moral of the story: never, never, never give up on a UA award reservation.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 10, 2014 at 9:15 pm Reason: merge