FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - p.s.® Premium Service (LAX/SFO-JFK) Flights on UA - Questions and Experience (2014)
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:21 am
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
The rules are EXACTLY as you point out but as anything else with UA, nothing is set in stone. I took my first PS flight w new configuration in J last week and had a TPAC flight THE FOLLOWING DAY, yet they let me use the GF lounge @ JFK.
The JFK agents often go above and beyond the rules. Also, since I'm assuming you are arriving within 24 hours of the TPAC flight (in F, I'm presuming), you are still connecting.

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
The rules also state you must be on a connecting UNITED INTL flight yet sometimes they allow you in when connecting to a *A connecting flight. Now if thats not confusing enough - 2 1Ks that work for us in LA just took PS from LAX in J to a connecting EK flight in F (clearly not allowed entry to the GF lounge since EK is not even a MP partner, let alone *A) yet they were both allowed in the GF lounge (they told me when they showed their BP's they just mentioned "Intl connection" which is technically true - amazing the lounge attendants either didn't verify or didn't care (their PS flight was on an EK issued E-Ticket)
That is strange - this coming the same lounge agent who downgraded us from p.s. F to C just to enforce the no 2-cabin jump rule.

Originally Posted by jasonp622
I'm currently sitting on the 2:07 sfo-jfk, no power in seats and the in flight entertainment is broken, the door is also broken so we have been waiting for mechnics to fix it, so not so good right now, at leastt they haven't cancelled yet, like my original flight sfo-ewr at 1J45

Update, the door is fixed, but they are having trouble getting the cover on, nice
+1 - partner is on the same flight. The worst part is that they had the plane in SFO for 24 hours, and they didn't bother doing anything with it to fix the issue.

Also, once again, the caterers boarded the ghetto, xerox paper menu in C.