FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Insurance over 70
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:14 am
oldpenny16
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
Originally Posted by JDiver
That's another reason I carry DAN and would feel comfortable relying on Travel Assist - if I am 50 miles or more from home, they can "let their fingers do the walking" and contacts, and get evacuated to the proper place. Of course, you were AT home, and that had to be a harrowing experience! (Honestly, I'd probably still call on them and ask if they can assist me in finding what I need - even if I had to do that on a pay-for-service concept or let them tell me they can't help me.)
Thanks JDiver, husband is now fine but are nerves on still on edge. If I had been able to think straight at the time, I would have driven him 60 miles from home and then called DAN to ask for advice

As it was we ended up with the right help at the right time with the best possible results. He is now cleared to fly so life goes on.

To answer a question above about why I was making so many calls from my iPhone contacts list: yes I telephoned his docs but as it was a holiday weekend, I got answering services. I also telepphoned friends as we ended emotional support.

Until you have been in a situation such as this, it is hard to understand how darn tired both the patient and the helpers get. We were so tired we'd put down a piece of paperwork and then not be able to find it again. Our minds were not functioning as well as one would hope but we made the best decisions we could do at the time.