FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted AMEX Canada - Spend $500 at Fairmont by 12/31, get $100 AMEX Credit
Old Feb 10, 2014, 9:59 am
Yul_voyager

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fin 645
I posted back on Jan 27 that AMEX said that the credit would be manually handled. Since it had not yet appeared, I phoned again today and was told this time that the credit had been denied, because the conditions stated that, to be eligible, it had to be "a purchase of $500 or more". Mine was posted in two pieces for the one stay.

Of course, if I had been on the ball, I could have topped it up with a gift card or got the hotel (Montebello) to credit the advance charge and bill the total (including on site purchases) in one new charge.

Caveat Emptor I guess, and I strongly suspect that I am not the only whose credit has been denied, and it is a sorry reflection on marketing ploys by either or both of AMEX and Fairmont.
That's a complete rip off. I read again the first post of the discussion and there is nothing like it has to be in one shot (but instead they said one stay).
Would suggest to push the issue to a supervisor.
Will call in a couple of weeks about mine, they said back in December I have to wait but I am definitely eligible, and they add a note in my file...

EDIT T&C: Charge $500 (CAD) or more (after taxes) in qualifying purchases to your registered Card between October 3, 2013 and December 31, 2013 on a stay at a participating Fairmont Hotels & Resorts property. Qualifying purchases include the room cost and any charges billed directly to the room.