FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old Feb 9, 2014, 7:11 pm
TommyC80

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I'm not familiar with all the perks of the Ritz card, but typically being gifted status does not reduce the number of nights needed to earn/renew status. Some cards do gift you nights to help you get status quicker. Check the terms and see what it says.
Automatic Gold Status for your first year. Spend at least $10,000 on the card in additional years to maintain Gold status -- there is no night requirement.

Originally Posted by joshua362
If you got Gold via the Ritz card, would you then need 25 night to PLT or still the entire 75?
If you want to go for Platinum you must stay 75 nights. It's not like the Marriott card that posts promotional nights to your account. The RC card does not give you any night credit for having it or for spend.

BTW...I heard from the Platinum desk that they were "considering" adding a benefit to the card where if you spent $75,000 a year they would give you Platinum status. However, that was in June of last year and I haven't seen/heard anything about it since. I know they were reviewing the card's benefits last summer -- I got invited to a focus group on it in NYC. Maybe there's some changes coming or maybe they are deciding to leave it as-is.

Last edited by TommyC80; Feb 9, 2014 at 7:17 pm Reason: Added comments on Pay-for-Platinum rumor