FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Phuket REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Feb 9, 2014, 11:43 am
suite2suite

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by SMK77
Back from a quick one-night stay and this is definitely not an aspirational property: If you think Phuket and you think beach and palm trees, you won't find that here: There is no beach and the tranquility of the palm trees by the infinity pool is permanently disturbed by traffic: the buses and trucks you can even see because the infinity pool is only 2 meters above ground. The cars and motor bikes are still present: with noise. Far away from paradise.

I find the whole property too cramped with too little privacy: There are no villas here but only rooms grouped in apartment blocks and quite a number of rooms have limited views or share the balcony with the neighbors. The hotel is built into a very steep rock slope - buggy required.

Stayed at the Deluxe Pool King as shown on the internet and the corner rooms have enough privacy and offer lots of space. The bathrooms are modern and nicely designed. Having said that it should be noted that these rooms are always on the bottom of each block due to the fact that they feature the pool. The views are not perfect and most of these rooms are not really desirable.

Had a quick look at the Suite and don't think that's a very desirable room. Looks like the Deluxe Terrace Rooms are the best: they are on top of the buildings with great views - only the room itself is smaller and limited in space.

Hyatt Regency Club is the highlight: On top of the hotel, it features a spectacular view and they even had a grill station in the evening. The pool up there is perfect for relaxing - no street noise either :-)

The very best views is limited to the Spa treatment rooms. They are the highest rooms of the hotel and above the Club: views are magnificent!

The property is newly opened and service is not there yet - I think there is more training needed and more guests to practice with.

Given the pricing people might be disappointed and I am not sure who I would recommend this hotel to. I would give the hotel 4 stars but the overall concept doesn't excite me much.
Booked two nights in May at an average 3,800 THB. Should I cancel?
I want a view, no shared balcony and no street noise.