FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GUIDE: CLT / Charlotte Douglas Airport - MCT, Connection, etc.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:34 am
gottigotti

Originally Posted by Argonott
I try to avoid Monday morning flights whenever possible because of the long security lines. I've found that I can get through security in about 5 minutes any other time of the week, but I allow a half hour or more on Monday mornings.

It's been a while since I've flown Monday morning, but the last time I did, the pre-check line was huge, so I used the regular line instead, and it did take a while. They have opened a second pre-check line since then. Tomorrow morning I have a 7:30am flight, and am debating how early I need to arrive at the airport. Are the Monday morning lines still crazy, or has it balanced out?
With the pre-check line at D now the waits for pre-check have been 5-10 minutes. They were trying some Randomizer thing a few weeks ago which overwhelmed the system and backed it up to 20 minutes. I haven't seen it in a couple of weeks.

Parking is getting worse not better. Last Monday it was 20 minutes from pulling into business valet to getting off the bus at the terminal. Not sure if it was a bad day for them or if that is the norm now, but be warned about parking.