FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread
Old Feb 9, 2014, 8:29 am
legalalien

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
thanks. If I don't get a tag through to my final destination in ICN, can I still drop off (check) the bag with AA after customs in T5 or do I have to go all the way to T3 in order to check the bag? I can check in for my AA flight online and print my boarding pass in ICN. might help with making the 40 minute cut off if the flight is late.
There are people who can help and print new bag tags. I don't foresee any issues, especially if you have your boarding pass already. However, ORD is usually my final destination, so I do not have first-hand experience with the process.

If you do get TSA PreCheck, remember that there are two PreCheck lanes at T3: one by VX counter/EXP security/Checkpoint 8 - the original one - and one on the other side of general security (Checkpoint 3? One prior to G gates checkpoint). The former occasionally has long lines, especially during weekday mornings, while the latter is rarely busy.