FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 3:42 am
98h524

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by crimsonred
I was able to book VX flights (SFO-BOS RT) using VS points over the phone. It was very tedious because I would tell the operator my intended flight dates/class of travel, and then she would come back saying no. And then it took about 4-5 back and forths to find the dates, and then a couple more to find an available travel class. I even tried having her look up Delta's award availability, which seemed to be much worse. Definitely not how you should be booking flights in 2014!
I have been going through these motions with VFC over the past few days for Air China availability to PEK as well. Except, it's even worse. I'd ask for 2 seats on certain dates which show Air China J and F availability on United and ANA's search engines, and after 24 hours Air China will come back to Virgin saying no seats available. So each flight search takes up to 24 hours and Virgin seems to have access to fewer seats than Star Alliance partners.