FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Aruba (Leaving Starwood February 27, 2014) [Master Thread]
Old Feb 8, 2014, 1:58 pm
Edavid14

Originally Posted by awerdna2002
Tick tick tick.

Another call to the Riu where I was told they didn't know anything and I should send an email. So that makes a call a day since I was told to call them, with zero information. And three unanswered emails (one per day).

I called Starwood and as expected was told all questions must go thru email. I emailed them yesterday with no response and just sent another.

I wouldn't be so stressed if they didn't put the 7 day time limit on things. Finding a replacement hotel during spring break for less than a fortune is impossible now.

Does anyone have any better information than me?

I also got relocated to the Riu on Wednesday 2/5. I called the Riu toll free number and was initially told that I DID NOT need to provide a credit card as stated in the letter we got from Starwood. I was also told that any questions had to go to the sales office in Aruba via the email that was provided in the same letter. I then emailed and got no answer.

By yesterday (Friday), it had been 48 hours, so I called Starwood consumer affairs in Connecticut. A nice man promised to get back to me yesterday afternoon after looking into it...but shockingly I never heard back from him. Just to double-check, I called Riu again this afternoon (Saturday) and it was confirmed that WE DO NOT NEED TO PROVIDE A CREDIT CARD IN ADVANCE. The reason none of us have not received an email back is because the sales office in Aruba is very small and is overwhelmed with emails asking this and many other questions. Not an excuse, but just an explanation for what happened.

The Riu rep on the phone today was not able to access my reservation because she does not have access to reservations booked directly by the Riu sales office in Aruba. She indicated that if your confirmation code starts with "ARUU", it was booked by the Riu Aruba sales office in conjunction with the Starwood people.

I'm afraid that's all the information I have. I hope it helps somebody.