FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - p.s.® Premium Service (LAX/SFO-JFK) Flights on UA - Questions and Experience (2014)
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:00 pm
Trojan84

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I've been taking the JFK-SFO p.s. roundtrip twice a month for the past few months. I've cleared RPU's the 3 times I've used them. I like the new config changes. Similar problems to the rest of United flights, if you're sitting in the 2nd half of the back, you're not getting any hot food. Strange for some of the evening flights to run out of hot items by row 25/26, but happens regularly. Two of the evening flights from JFK-SFO, flight attendants did one drink service and came by for trash once. Of course in the front, service is great.

The flight on 1/23 was delayed because the pilots were stuck in traffic from downtown to Manhattan to JFK. They announced it like it was a valid excuse, multiple times. Have they never had to be at JFK during rush hour with snow on the ground? We sat on the tarmac for 90 minutes because of it. Other people on the plane felt sympathy for the pilots, I didn't get it. I had to just come from Manhattan. We actually made up an hour in the air, and I would not have missed my connection, but of course there was no open gate at SFO and we sat on the tarmac. Got to spend a lovely night at the airport Quality Inn.

Not impressed with p.s. this year.