FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walsh said Dublin and Belfast flights are moving to T5
Old Feb 7, 2014, 2:44 pm
allergictocoach

Originally Posted by layz
For those doing point to point staying in T1 until they shut it down would have some advantages, a nearly empty airport and closer to central London - 15 mins HEX, option of the connect, served by both the T4 and T5 tubes.

The few fond memories I had of the old T2 was when most of the other airlines had moved out. I had a couple of flights from there when LH/LX had moved out and it was such a different experience going through the terminal (the place was still a dump though and the AF lounge was dreadful).

Still for most people this will be great news, particularly as it sounds BA are doing things right and increasing the number of domestic capable gates. Connections will be a whole lot easier, particularly from BHD, no idea who they'll do flight connections from DUB.

As much complaining as I read here about the security queues and other procedures at T-5 is this really a step up? I usually arrive on DL or UA and leaving to BHD at T-1 seems a lot easier than my previous dealings with T-5. The all around hassle of getting to T-5 and the bussing to the EDI flights comes to mind. I'm certainly aware that it will be easier for the BA connections but I can't see it as a big win for those just going point to point for business and such. Isn't the check in cut off for these flights at T-1 either 30 or 45 min? They certainly can't allow that to continue at T-5.