FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Homeland Security bans carry-on liquids on flights from US to Russia
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:47 am
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by pbarnette

I'd be happy to hear all of your scientific evidence about how it is impossible, being as how you are so certain. I don't proclaim to be an expert, so I'm more interested in your bonafides. For now, I suspect we will have to disagree over whether having to buy toothpaste at your destination rises to "stupid" or "unnecessary.
My credentials are more than a passing knowledge and understanding of chemistry, plus an unwillingness to accept explanations like "magic" or proof by authoritative statement.

If there's an explosive compound that can be disguised as toothpaste and can escape ETP/ETD detection, by all means let's hear about it. Otherwise, when government "security" fools who've yet to provide any evidence whatsoever that binary explosives exist start in with new scary claims, I now assume they're lying unless they can provide evidence to the contrary.

Again, if you want to discuss specifics I am more than happy to have a discussion on any technical level you like over in TS&S.

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Cubana 455, IIRC.
Dynamite or C4 is believed to be the explosive used; both are easily detectable with ETP/ETD. Got any thing else?