FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Homeland Security bans carry-on liquids on flights from US to Russia
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:40 am
pbarnette
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Spiff
What is this explosive, please? And if such an explosive exists, it's detectable with ETP/ETD. There is no need for a blanket restriction on toothpaste.
Don't recall specifically. It was a powder that was mixed with toothpaste, which gave it the flavor. CNN had the story, complete with Michael Bay-style explosions.

Originally Posted by Spiff
You want to discuss chemical explosives? Meet me in TS&S and we can discuss anything you like. You can get as technical as you want, no problem. I'd be really pleased to meet *anyone* who can provide credible scientific evidence of the necessity for this stupid, unnecessary restriction.
I'd be happy to hear all of your scientific evidence about how it is impossible, being as how you are so certain. I don't proclaim to be an expert, so I'm more interested in your bonafides. For now, I suspect we will have to disagree over whether having to buy toothpaste at your destination rises to "stupid" or "unnecessary.