FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A preview of the Air New Zealand, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Safety Video
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:07 pm
brenrox

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by nzlilibet
Pity NZ doesn't bring its influence to bear on the CI government to control the dog population instead of pretending it's paradise. There are so many unregistered dogs around now that it's a real problem. They chase cars, run up to people on the beaches and jump at them, confront people walking along roads and only yesterday an Austrian tourist was bitten on the leg while walking on the beach. Needless to say he needed hospital treatment and can't swim for the rest of his holiday.

It's now as bad as Samoa and locals are advising people to carry stones to throw at dogs.

So I think their 'safety video' might be stretching the truth about paradise.
I received a puncture wound in the back of my leg last year thanks to a pack of dogs in Samoa...that aside, the Pacific Islands are pretty damn close to paradise and I certainly don't let it influence my perception of how beautiful the region is.

That Female Massey lecturer in the Stuff article was a bit OTT in my opinion, her views deem a bit prehistoric. Is she offended by women wearing swimwear on a beach?