FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Feb 6, 2014, 5:10 pm
manispend

First Citi Experience

I drove about 45 minutes to reach two different CVS stores (never been to one). Both were out of VR cards, so I tried purchasing 6 $500 Visa GC. The clerk ran up the first to which came out to around $1,009 -- he said he couldn't ring all at once. That went through fine and then he rang the next two up and the screen said something along the lines of 'Need another form of payment.'

I was ready to call Citi before this purchase based on what I've read on here. So I walked away from the counter and pulled my phone out and discovered that Citi already sent me a text message asking if I had attemped a purchase at CVS in the amount of $1,009.xx....and to reply with "1" if YES and "2" if NO. I replied with the "1" and got a message saying that my card was again available for use. So I thought that was cool.

A manager rang up the remaining cards all together and there was no issue. She swiped my ID though and she said it was because that was how they tracked the $5K limit per day.

Then I was off to WM to stuff two birds -- mine and the mrs.