FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:51 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by traveldog
Thanks I understand you're trying to be helpful, but the physical act of moving was not the issue in any of this.
Sorry I am confused.

As I read it you picked up the issues in your new room after you had moved as you were stuck in your new room until it was agreed that you would move to your old one.

Had you checked out the room before moving from your old one you would have picked up the issues without the inconvenience of a move or the risk of being stuck in a compromised room. Given your stated health sensitivities I would have thought this would be an essential element of any hotel room move?

Had you been to the room before moving to it you could have rejected it outright as smelling of smoke. Had you given them the chance to freshen it and then reinspected prior to the move you could have known for sure about the chemicals etc. and reverted to your old room. This would have avoided any possible health compromise on your part.

So I would have thought this was pretty relevant really, unless I am misreading your account of your room move. I always ask to see a room before agreeing a move mid stay even if it is an immediate move after arriving in a room. That way I have a clear understanding of my fall back option when I agree or decline a room move.