FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moderator must approve post / approval queue / my post doesn't show / is missing
Old Feb 6, 2014, 11:04 am
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

thepreppytraveler, welcome to FlyerTalk! I've just gone looking and found your post here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22295693-post19.html

It was stuck in the mod queue for approval, so I went ahead and did so. I'm sure it's really annoying. I understand that the software doesn't tell you that is what has happened to your post. That's even more annoying. Let me explain what happened. When a new member posts, the software scans the post to see if it might possibly be spam. If so, it goes into a queue, waiting for the forum mod to approve it. Any post with an active link goes there. Your post had no active links. I think it was picked up because it mentioned several brands that are loved by spammers. We had a horrific problem with spam a month or two back. The only way for us to get past it was for our spam net to be drawn very tight. Innocent posts such as yours are now caught, but it's better than the barrage of junk posts we were getting. You're very close to the point that the spam filter won't be looking at your posts.

Thanks for your active participation, and I hope you find your time here rewarding.