FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do some names show up on the checked-in upgrade list prior to T-24?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 8:56 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Hi kenn0223, thanks. United mobile site, flight status page, indicated 4 people checked in and upgraded to first and the notation: "This list only includes upgrade-eligible customers who have checked in for this flight". Perhaps those 4 had their CPUs clear prior to 24 hrs and had NOT actually checked in yet? Now, 21 hrs from flight time, the same page shows 7 checked in and upgraded to first and 12 on the upgrade wait list.
The "checked in before T-24hrs" of one's own flight as noted above, is for those on in-bound connecting flights but the mobile app will show those who have cleared the upgrade list but have not checked-in as I am upgraded for my flights on Friday night and Saturday and I show on the cleared list but check-in isn't until 22:30 tonight. Now as to the showing names on the waitlist on the app at greater than t-24hrs, I can only guess that they are also connecting pax who have checked-in for their inbound flight (but then again, we're talking about COdbaUA's I/T here so it's anyone's guess )