FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Check is starting! Login and look for Opt-in box (was: coming later this year)
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:37 am
tusphotog

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
FWIW there is a dedicated PreCheck line at SJC. Stay to the far right of the checkpoint (closest to the glass wall). Alternatively, they'll send you to the entrance if you use the FlyBy/First Class line. It is NOT marked at all, but according to two TSOs it's open for during the morning and evening rushes.

Originally Posted by robbert
I've flown on several permutations in the middle name field, some matching the GOES info others not, but it does not seem to matter. Just the initial, initials of my other middle names, the full middle name etc, I always seem to get pre-check. So I don't think it matters much, as long as the number is in the reservation.
I can tell you that not having my middle name (or just a middle initial) kicked me out of PreCheck for several weeks in the summer of 2012. Things might have changed since then, but airlines and the TSA say your name has to be exactly the same as your card (not the GOES profile which doesn't always match the NEXUS/GE card).

Originally Posted by Amicus
However, the lines at LAS and MCI are usually longer than just going thru the A+ line anyway.
There were three people total in line at LAS today with two x-rays and a WTMD. Two weeks ago there were four x-rays and two WTMDs open and maybe 10 people total in line. Maybe I have fortuitous timing?