FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Downgraded from First/Business Class on United(Questions,Compensation, etc.)[ARCHIVE]
Old Feb 4, 2014, 10:18 pm
NYC_Girl

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Amex Platinum
Smile

Ha, ha! No, that wouldn't be me :-). As much as I like comfort, I like to keep things in perspective. We have enough self-righteous folks out there already...

Originally Posted by EWR764
Just throwing this out there, but by any chance were you flying LGA-ORD tonight?

[Oops... Saw you flew last week. The reason I ask is because there was a very angry downgraded pax on UA695 LGAORD tonight loudly complaining about her situation to anyone within earshot ]
Ha, ha! No, that wouldn't be me :-). As much as I like comfort, I like to keep things in perspective. We have enough self-righteous people out there already...

Thanks for all your advice and sympathy!

I just called United about another matter, and when that matter was concluded, I asked in my sweetest voice: "could you remind me which class I flew last week?" "Sure," she said, "you flew Y class, which is full fare economy".

I thanked her and hanged up, realizing that somebody had corrected the record retroactively. I have the email itinerary plus the boarding pass (hooray for paper!), so I'd be curious to see if anyone claims that I didn't hold a confirmed first/business class seat.

I'll contact United with the details and update you on the compensation (or the trial date...).

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 5, 2014 at 6:34 am Reason: merge