FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Aruba (Leaving Starwood February 27, 2014) [Master Thread]
Old Feb 4, 2014, 2:22 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by HW75
You are correct that it is the "rule". But please keep in mind we were not given the option to change destinations, or choose a new venue due to the sale. We are absolutely stuck with whatever they give us. SPG will however keep the points and force us into a hotel we did not select or choose.
I want to mkae sure I fully understand what you said, it seems you are saying you asked SPG to CX your res and refund your pts (others maybe their $$) and SPG flatly refused and told you either you will stay where make arrangements or you can go pound sand

If Aruba is where you want to be simply ask for a full refund of your pts and go book on your own any other hotel, especially if you already have non-refundable tkts.

My guess is you never asked for a refund of your pts and SPG never said they wouldnt refund them and that you are stuck only wherever they can make arrangements for you to stay (unless you told them you wanted them to find you other accomdations where it wouldnt cost you even 1 pt more).

About all you will lose is 1 Stay credit and 8 nights credit and eitehr 250 or 500 pts depending on SPG status. Do you maintain your status by the # of Nights you stay every year? If not then theers no big deal in not getting teh 8 nighst credit. If you maintain status due to Stay credits then it would cost <$100 to earn that. Id ask them if by 12/31 I end up 1 Stay short if at that time they will make it up to me by missing out on the Aruba Stay credit. Or worse comes to worse find a Cat 2 for a Fri or Sat night night at 3K to earn the 1 Stay credit