FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) [2014-2016]
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:32 am
kebosabi

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
I will not use a credit card for amounts less than $1 US, £1 or €1. The thought of going into Sainsbury, buying a 49p bottle of water and using a credit card, I must admit, does intrigue me!
I've ended up with a $0.44 remainder at the register at Staples (used coupons and $40 printer ink recycling certs) that I paid for with my JCB card that counted toward the $50 JCB bonus!

Originally Posted by reclusive46
so even if your just buying something thats 30 or 40p you still have to pay by card (Usually contactless).
I'm still waiting for contactless to take off here in the US. Unfortunately, the overblown media hype of "hackers stealing your info from a mile away" stories scared a lot of the people away from them, and of course there's also "the NSA is spying on me with chips on credit cards, run away, run awaaay (ala Monty Python)" people too. Thanks to these, not many cards are available with contactless capability.

Last edited by kebosabi; Feb 4, 2014 at 9:39 am