FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why is DL's HOU / IAH Service So Lacking?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:32 pm
michiganjd

Programs: Delta DM; Marriott Plat; United Silver
DL Plat New to Houston

I relocated from CVG to a better job in Houston. This thread is interesting because I'm thinking of doing a UA status match.

I wrote in to customer care on my relocation and said lack of LAX service would force me to do more business with UA. I got the standard nice response.

However, I sat next to a fleet captain the other day on west coast flight to ATL. He manages 80 pilots and we spoke a bit about this issue.

I said overall my last half-dozen years as a PM have been great, but I have two main gripes, which I'd appreciate him saying to the appropriate person---

1. IAH needs direct service to LAX. He was actually surprised that they did not have it.

2. Air France does not treat PMs (and I assume DMs) that well. KLM is generally good. I think most of it with Air France is that they have PE rather than economy comfort and, of course, they are French (I love French culture, but it is not a service-oriented culture).

About to try PE on Air France. If that goes well, I imagine that I'll keep at least Gold on Delta---those tickets earn 150% MQMs and I fly no less than 2X/year to Europe. I appreciate free EC on Delta, but I'm really looking for a domestic-first level-of-service to Europe. I have trouble sleeping on planes, even in BE lie flat. So $5K is too much, but I'll gladly pay $2K. UA and their partners don't really have a PE option.

I guess that we can all hope for LAX and SEA service. It would help quite a bit.