FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Connections / Connecting between terminals at ORD" thread
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:23 pm
FindAWay

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by lililolo
I arrive in ORD with United airline and need to connect to Toronto with American Airline.
From where does your flight into ORD originate? If it is international and you have to clear immigration and customs, you will need more time than a simple domestic flight.

I also believe they are in different terminal. So, what is the minimum connecting time I should build in to make the flight?
Are you buying these as separate tickets? If so, and your UA flight is delayed, AA will likely not protect you on the next flight. If not, then go for the earlier one.

My flight arrives at 5:40 am, there is an connecting AA flight at 7:50am and another one at 11:00am. Is it safe to book the 7:50am flight?
2h 10m should be plenty of time if all goes on-time. But, keep in mind there have a been a lot of delays/cancellations lately in ORD. What time of year is your flight?

At the end of the day, only you can decide how risk averse you want to be in your booking(s).