FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE : Westin Aruba (Leaving Starwood February 27, 2014) [Master Thread]
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:06 pm
KENNECTED
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Edavid14
HW75, thank you for being a voice of reason. He/she is an idiot.

I booked on November 8th and feel exactly the same way. If I knew the hotel was being sold, I would have booked in St. Maarten or Cayman or St. John or the new property in Punta Cana. Now I have non-refundable airfare and Starwood wasn't going to pay my US Airways change fee so I could re-route to one of these other islands. I'm stuck and I feel absolutely no guilt at this "windfall"! I wish you luck with your accommodations. Let us know how you make out. They should be informing you by tomorrow.
I find your shortsighted comments about Flews to be inappropriate. In my opinion, he has been a very good FT member and a very knowledgeable member of the Starwood forum. Just because you do not agree, that doesn't mean you need to name call. FT is NOT that type of community!

Originally Posted by HW75
Flews2014, In addition to losing the hotel of our choice, we are losing our stays. We have 10 nights booked at 80,000 points. How much out of pocket expense do you think it would take to earn those points. How many hotel stays? Just food for thought. To say we are not paying for it is offensive. SPG has already received our cash,we have already paid and them some. The handling thus far has been extremely poor by SPG. It is my hope they go above and beyond to make it up to their loyal guests. There has been no communication aside from the first email,no updates, no one to speak with, and no options. I guess we will all see by tomorrow ...maybe..hopefully.
I thought if the hotel changed and you were forced to move you could still get stay/night count. Double check that. It's not your fault the property has changed brands.