FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [confirmed] UA to strictly enforce carry-on size starting 1-Mar-2014
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:20 pm
BH62

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Laptop Bag Issues!

Way upthread there is a reference to bag size limits as shown on the United Hub website. I'm OK with the rollaboard, my Hartman exactly meets the LxDxW measurements imposed on the photo of an "acceptable" carry-on, but the photo for a "personal item" is a backpack! But what about the (presumably) many who use a shoulder bag rather than a backpack. As for laptop bags, Posts #156, #159, #192 & #206 do address the dimensions issue. That mythical backpack is 17x10x9 (36 linear inches), while my padded Briggs & Reilly so-called brief case is 16x12x6 (34 linear inches). Seems that mine should be confoming & when I tried recently it did fit in a sizer if squished down a bit, but technically it's too tall. Would a zealous GA refuse boarding to anyone who demurred about gate checking a bag containing a laptop? Could happen. So Mr. UA Insider, what about having the bag photos on the web site also show acceptable laptop/brief cases for typical Mac/Dell/whatever laptop computers or just reintroduce the linear inch rule.

Last edited by BH62; Feb 3, 2014 at 12:22 pm Reason: update reference to other posts