FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Preserving one's right to exit the plane in one's turn
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:08 am
jcwoman

I had an interesting one last week. Was traveling light for a couple-day business trip, on a two-hour flight. I'd put my laptop bag in the overhead directly above my seat and didn't bother keeping a book or anything with me because it was such a short flight. So we land and get to the gate, wait forever until the back of the plane where I was could exit the plane. When it was my row's turn, I got up and realized that I had to open the bin which slowed me down by one second. Started pulling my laptop out when the teenaged kid who was in the window seat next to me started getting up, which delayed me by one more second because I didn't want to smack him in the head with my bag. By the third second as I was actually pulling my computer out of the bin, some young woman with a huge backpack and a one-year old child on her hip literally smashed herself between me and the seats to push past. As I glanced around in annoyance, I noticed some guy further back in the plane was laughing at her rudeness. Anyway, after she forced her way past me I was finally able to pull my bag out and walk down the aisle.

Only to stop five rows up when I caught up with her because she had to set her oversized backpack in a seat while she re-jiggered the kid who she was about to drop.