FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lancaster (California) Call Center Closed
Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:43 pm
Crazy4Birds

Originally Posted by wolvie007
Why in the world are people emailing reservation requests when you can use the SPG app or website and make the reservation in less than 2 minutes.
. That's not the issue here, as you well know. Most of us book on website or app.

[/QUOTE]
I feel for folks losing their jobs but this thread is bordering on ridiculous. Corporations have every right to choose where they do business. The plat centre I dealt with most happened to be in St Thomas, Ont near my childhood residence. But I dealt with Ireland and Texas frequently as well. The platinum benefits provide access to a concierge, NOT a specific concierge.

What would have happened if the individual you dealt with most happened to quit? Would you still be upset with Starwood for allowing this to happen because it is an inconvenience to you?[/QUOTE].
That is irrelevant, of course, to this situation where Starwood apparently let a large number of employees go, some of whom we had developed very dependable working relationships with. Just because this doesn't affect you, or that you don't care that it affects some of us, doesn't mean it was the right thing for Starwood to do, especially in the way that they did it.