FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lancaster (California) Call Center Closed
Old Feb 2, 2014, 3:09 am
Crazy4Birds

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by liten
I agree with comments previously shared by landeej and others of like mind. Perhaps clublounger had never had the need to rely on his/her personal platinum concierge when in a tight spot. Mine worked miracles for me in the past, which is saying a lot considering that I had terrible experiences (provided incorrect information, promises made but never kept...) with other, less capable Starwood platinum concierges when I first attained platinum status, until I found the one in Lancaster with whom I worked for the past four years.

As for Star Lurker, save the party line. It's the exact, word for word, rhetoric I received in response to an email I sent to Starwood concerning my displeasure in the closing of Lancaster. The transition has NOT been seamless for your platinum members as you should have been able to ascertain from most of the postings on this site.

In my case, I sent to my concierge an email request for a new reservation I needed. Unfortunately, it was sent on 01.23.14. When it went unanswered, I sent a follow-up email, also unanswered. I finally called yesterday, only to be told by another concierge that the Lancaster office had been closed. So, my reservation request went unattended for a week.

You call that "seamless", Star Lurker?

I call it one big blunder on the part of Starwood. Not only does it seem that Starwood considers its employees to be expendable commodities, but its platinum members as well. Doesn't give me that acknowledged, appreciated, warm fuzzy feeling that Starwood would like customers to believe they will receive if they attain platinum status.

Starwood would have been well served by hiring a PR expert before charging forward with the decision to close Lancaster. The decision, no doubt, would have been the same, but the manner in which Starwood employees and clients were treated might have been more "seamless". Perhaps then Starwood might not be seen as just another big, bad corporate entity with this black mark on its reputation.

If Starwood still has not figured it out: Competent, reliable, professional, caring personal platinum concierges are one of the best selling features the company has. (had?) Starwood underestimated their importance to its most loyal customers. The staff in the Lancaster office deserve better, and so do the Starwood platinum members.

Good luck, Lancaster staff!
Agree that they handled this poorly...

Last edited by Crazy4Birds; Feb 2, 2014 at 3:47 am