FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham's Stealth Devaluation of Airline Miles Conversion
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:40 am
BillyBaloney
Suspended

Originally Posted by sargenet
But even that was a nightmare. They cancelled my reservation but the points never came back to me. They said 24 hours...every day I would call and someone would tell me to call back tomorrow!
Yes, unfortunately Sarge, it seems like whoever is running that call center has instructed the reps to purposefully lie to the customers. I too - on an issue - was promised "tomorrow morning" then "check back in 5 days" then "check back at the end of the month" etc, etc. It seems to be normal protocol to lie in order to get one off the phone. The house must be in shambles. It doesn't say very much for their top and mid-management.

What I did, due to the stealth devaluation, is that I cancelled a paid stay for next week. It was only for one night and it would have been about $100 - I tend show loyalty here and there when it comes to hotel programs. No more loyalty for Wyndham. Honestly, I don't know how they survive.

Next, I'm going to DOWNGRADE my Wyndham credit card to the free version. I will do this some time next week. I didn't mind the small fee for 6000 points/year but that has all changed now. I feel others should do the same.

I will only use this brand when there is no other choice in the area. They can rot as far as I'm concerned.