FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is LGW baggage reclaim getting worse?
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2014, 1:28 am
tuff

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
I thought you might like to see BA's response to my complaint. For once, they do acknowledge they understood what my complaint is but, as usual, do not say they are going to do anything specific about it.

"Dear tuff

Thank you for your email dated 27 January 2014. I am sorry we could not reply to you sooner. I am also concerned to learn that you had to wait so long at the carousel for your luggage on your arrival at London Gatwick airport on 26 January 2014. I can understand how frustrating it must have been for you. I realise you did not expect the delay to your luggage particularly as it had a priority baggage tag attached to it. I apologise for the inconvenience we caused you.

We aim to deliver bags to the terminal as quickly as possible after arrival, as we know our customers need to continue with the next part of their journey. If there is a delay it can be for a number of reasons, for example, valuable cargo needing to be collected first. This can prevent us from delivering the bags to the terminal as speedily as we would like.

I would like to inform you that, when our customers report an issue to us, we do everything we can to put it right immediately. Some things we can resolve either straightaway, or a short time later if we have to consult our colleagues. Realistically, some of the issues can take longer, because we need to research the right solution before we can make a change – either to our aircraft or terminals or in the way we serve our customers.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value you as a Gold member of our Executive Club. I realise we have not met our usual high standards this time, and I hope that there will be more for you and and your travel companion to enjoy when you next fly with us.

Best regards"