FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Toronto [Master thread]
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:28 pm
Flews

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Looking for advice on where to stay in Toronto...

My wife and I will be in Toronto in late September as the last stay of an international trip, arriving at about 3 p.m. on a Sunday and departing the next day at 2 p.m. It's a special birthday trip for her, so I'd especially like to make the last stay a nice one. Surveying the options, it looks like the Westin Harbour Castle would be our best bet, in terms of it being a pretty good hotel in a very good and very pretty location. But correct me if I'm wrong on this.

We've both been to Toronto before a couple of times, although they were short visits. During this brief stop, we'd like to take a nice walk or two in pleasant areas/neighborhoods and have one or two good meals. Beyond that, no tourist stuff really necessary.

I guess if any hotel is likely to offer great Plat suite upgrades, that would be a factor in where to stay, though location and overall hotel quality is more important.

Thanks for any advice!
Your only other *wood choice downtown is the Sheraton Centre, which is more central, and which has better odds of upgrades, unless there's a big convention or something. Certainly closer to a wider variety of walkable neighbourhoods - Bloor Street/Queen West shopping, Chinatown, the two markets, even Greek Town. More restaurant options too.

On the other hand, the Westin is on the waterfront, so if the weather is great, it will be a nice area for being outside, although it may be chilly in the evening. Might even be some event happening along the boardwalk.

Overnighting downtown in late September, on a Sunday, I would caution you to keep your expectations in check. Won't be much happening in the proximity of either properties.

Cheers,