FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Five Continents in 3 Days and Some Other Mad Trips in 2012
Old Jan 31, 2014, 1:55 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Tokyo Narita transit

I was used to transfer security at NRT being speedy - either no one in the queue or only a handful of people. So I was not ready for the long queue which snaked in the transit area and back along the corridor to the gates. For quite a long while there was only one metal detector in operation so we slowly shuffled forward. About an hour after I'd joined the queue and still some distance from reaching the front a second lane was opened, but this only improved the slow shuffle to a slightly less slow shuffle.

Fortunately I had plenty of time before my next flight as it took over 90 minutes just to clear security. I popped into the 50s lounge and had a shower before walking over to the 40s satellite where my next flight will depart. I was soon bored so roamed the terminal visiting the 10s satellite for old times sakes (I'd flown in and out of there many times back when Singapore Airlines had a gate there and before the "new" part of the terminal in the 40s and 50s gates opened up.